See the video for more information.
Watch the 2 videos, see how others repeat read aloud together.
How to repeat read aloud is easy. There are many methods to repeat read aloud. Through research based on evidence based models, and through working with different language community groups, the New Zealand Culture Company Limited promotes a most effective way to repeat read aloud. This 1,2,3 method to repeat read aloud is outlined in the manuals, translated into different languages page by page and published on this webpage. The 1,2,3 step method is described in detail in these manuals.
- Step one of the 1,2,3 method refers to listening to the Reading Volunteer
- Step two of the 1,2,3 method refers to the Reading Volunteer reading with the Language Learning Reader
- Step three of the 1,2,3 method refers to the Language Learning Reader reading by themselves
To be really successful, it is important that the repeat reading aloud is
- Repeated over and over again with high expectations
If you are setting up an ABC 1,2,3 Repeat Read Aloud Programme for Adults, the New Zealand Culture Company have tried and tested working models which are available for your use. Different people work in different ways. Different Volunteers need different support. In the resources available on line here are
- Two introductory videos, one showing reading aloud in a group, another showing the one-on-one reading aloud.
- Your own Community Kete to photocopy and read aloud from and the Kete templates ready for you to fill in with your own words and photos.
- Manuals which can be used by different languages concurrently (you can read the same page in your own language then work together as a group across languages)
- Project Planning Kete and business card.
- Programme Deliverers’ support including a word for word Session Plan Model to be used alongside the Training Manual. Presentations to support your negotiations with Library Staff.