Multicultural means the ability of diverse skills and different people to work together. How can we measure this. How can we show we are accountable? The Training Manual describes multiracial accountability –
Accountability: NZCC looks for several indicators of self-reliance (as well as, Team-reliance) while achieving the 1,2,3 & ABC Repeat Read Aloud Programme for Adults.
- Does everyone, the Volunteers including the Readers offer at least one contribution, or photo, to the Kete?
- Does the Kete reflect changing attitudes e.g. developing self-reliance in learning?
- Does the Team rely on different individuals to do different tasks – is there distribution of the Team load? (Attendance Volunteer, Scribe, Hello Volunteer, Name Tag Volunteer etc.)?
- How self-reliant is the Team? Is the Team stable? Does it manage the Volunteers? Does it manage the Readers? Does it cooperate inter-culturally with Volunteer Interpreters etc.?
- Does the Team set up the Library Bag / Term Kit independently, using its own Volunteers and Readers?
- Does the Team translate and type up their Kete contributions? Can the Team compile their own on-line Kete?
- Does the Team collate the feedback? Does it self-report? Does it report to the library manager?
- Has the Team initiated new techniques for NZCC or libraries or Volunteers to improve programme delivery?
The ABC Read Aloud Projects achieve making Kete published on-line by IT’s Accessible
Kete means basket in English. A Kete holds things, it carries things. Kete are woven together with love, care and attention. Kete are crafted repeatedly to fulfil their useful function. On-line Kete in Repeat Read Aloud Programmes enable us to metaphorically weave together cultural baskets that can travel across languages, time and space through the computer.The multicultural Repeat Read Aloud Programme can be made possible by partnering with libraries. Repeat Read Aloud Programmes communicate community to community through the webpage administered through IT’s Accessible by the physically disabled community unable to travel easily. Let’s all help each other Access and Build Community Together binding Volunteers, libraries, Trusts and NZCC Ltd, we can honour our commitment to things like the Tiriti o Waitangi or the attitudes expressed in the Kete Themes.