- People living in the Community
- Read Aloud Kete which you can photocopy and print for reading aloud together as a group – please contribute to this wonderful community resource. Please contribute to this wonderful resource (photos, words, recipes, translations, recommendations, stories) which is not just for your community, it informs other communities how we can make it happen so we can learn from each other. Always begin by reading aloud the Kete Theme for the day in all of the languages of the people there: this helps us identify with the ‘other’ that whose language we ourselves cannot speak. Repeat Multi Lingual Kete 1 Themes & Connect to Read Aloud; Repeat Multi Lingual Kete 2 Themes & Connect to Read Aloud
- Library space & books to read together on-on-one
Or you can use it as a Language Learning Programme, supporting any intensive learning with extensive reading; i.e. you can set up an ABC 1,2,3 Repeat Read Aloud Programme for Adults, the New Zealand Culture Company have tried and tested working models which are available for your use. Different people work in different ways. Different Volunteers need different support. Resources available here on-line include:
- Guides on how to make Read Aloud Kete: – Add your own Read Aloud Kete and learn from others. It is through sharing Read Aloud Kete that we can learn from each other and grow. This webpage will collect your Kete in an on-line library organised by geographical area. There is a Kete Pouch to collect your snippets, stories and recipes. Another Kete called “How to use words to weave a Read Aloud Kete” giving some direction. Then there is a Read Aloud Kete Template which is empty and ready for you to fill using your own photos, words and language/s. IT’S ACCESSIBLE will publish your Kete on-line www.repeatreadaloud. We collect Kete so you can share your learnings and use your own Community Kete, and others’ Kete to choose the right story for you to read aloud alone or together.
- Project Planning Kete, and two videos, and a business card for you to put your own name in.
- Read Aloud Manuals to follow in your home language. The Read Aloud Manuals are translated so that they can be used by different languages concurrently (you can read the same page in your own language then work together as a group across languages). The Read Aloud Manuals not only set out the programme, they publish (thanks to the support of IT’s Accessible who maintain this webpage) the words to copy to read aloud together and the Kete Themes to guide your attitude.
4. Programme Deliverers: there is a Training Manual, and a Session Plan Model designed for you. All the Manuals are inter-linked to enable you to learn at your own pace and in your own time.
5. ACADEMIC ESSAY supporting Repeat Reading Aloud